Questions and Answers
Helpful information about Health Insurance, Energy and BetterBills
Questions about Better Bills?
- How do I contact someone at Better Bills?
- How do you make your money?
- How does Better Bills work?
- If I look elsewhere will I find a cheaper health insurance policy?
- Who is behind Better Bills?
Questions about the cash back?
- How do I get paid my cash?
- Some providers don’t seem to pay any commission/offer cash back – why?
- When will I get paid my cashback?
Questions about Private Health Insurance?
- Can I change my insurer?
- Can I get insurance if I have a pre-existing conditions? What if I’m already ill?
- Do I always have to use my private health insurance?
- Do I need ambulance insurance cover in Australia?
- Do I need to re-serve my waiting periods?
- How does private health insurance work?
- How long is the waiting period if I’m switching health funds?
- I have a problem with my private health insurer – who can help me?
- I’m an overseas visitor - do I have to get health insurance?
- The cost of my health insurance is going up – what can I do?
- What are exclusions and restrictions on private health insurance?
- What does private health insurance cover?
- What is the ‘gap’?
- Which private health insurance policy should I buy?
- Why are there waiting periods - and how long are they?
Questions about the Medicare rebate and levy?
- How does the changes to the government rebate for Lifetime Health Cover affect me?
- I’m over 31, how long can I be without hospital cover before I have to pay a LHC loading?
- I’ve just arrived in Australia, do I still have to pay the Lifetime Health Cover loading?
- What does the new ‘means test’ of the Medicare rebate mean to me?
- What is Lifetime Health Cover?
- What is the Medicare Levy Surcharge and do I have to pay it?
- What is the Medicare rebate?
Questions about your health insurance application?
- Do I have to make my first premium payment today?
- Does my age affect the health insurance premium I pay?
- How does my income affect the health insurance premium that I pay?
- Is there a cooling off period?
- What is a Clearance Certificate?
- When will my cover start?
- Why do I need a Blue or Green Medicare Card?
Questions about Energy?
- Can I keep my energy concessions if I switch supplier?
- Can I switch electricity and gas?
- Can I switch my electricity and gas if I am only renting my home?
- Can I switch my energy supplier?
- Can I switch the electricity and gas supplier to my business?
- Does BetterBills compare all electricity and gas suppliers?
- How do the discounts work?
- How does switching electricity and gas work?
- How long does it take to switch suppliers?
- If I look elsewhere will I find a cheaper energy or gas plan?
- Is there a cooling off period?
- I’m moving house, what should I do about my electricity and gas?
- What are estimated energy bills?
- What if I can’t transfer my energy contract to my new address
- What information do I need to provide BetterBills with?
- What is GreenPower and how does it work?
- Will I loose power when I switch my supplier?
Questions about my energy bill?
- Am I eligible for government assistance to help pay my energy bill?
- What are the charges that make up my energy bill?
- What determines how much I have to pay for electricity and gas?
- What is a MIRN? And how do I find mine?
- What is a NMI? And how do I find mine?
Questions about energy contracts?
- Are energy contract prices fixed?
- Do I need a contract to receive electricity or gas?
- What do I need to know about contract terms?
- What is the difference between a regulated contract and a market contract?
Questions about energy recommendations?
Questions about solar power?
- Is it worth switching solar power plans?
- What is Gross Metering?
- What is Net Metering
- What is a feed-in tariff?
- What is the difference between net metering and gross metering with solar power?
Questions about Overseas Student Health Cover?
- Do all students have to take out Overseas Student Health Cover?
- I have finished studying, am I still cover by my Overseas Student Health Cover?
- I’m from Belgium (or Norway) and I want to study in Australia, do I need Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)?
- I’m from Sweden and I want to study in Australia, do I need Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)?
- What are the waiting periods like on Overseas Student Cover? How long before I can claim benefits?
- What is Overseas Student Health Cover?
- Why should I take out Overseas Student Health Cover? What does it cover me for?
Questions about using your Overseas Student Health Cover?
- Do I have to pay the full cost of prescribed medicine?
- How do I pay for treatment?
- What happens if I have an accident or have a medical emergency in Australia?
- What if I get sick before my membership card arrives?
- What is a prescription medicine? What is the PBS?
- What should I do if need to go into hospital while I’m in Australia?
- What will Overseas Student Health Cove (OSHC) not cover me for?
Questions about purchasing Overseas Student Health Cover?
- Are there limits on the benefits that I can claim for prescribed medicine?
- Do I have to the take out the health insurance that my university recommends?
- How do I renew my Overseas Student Health Cover?
- How long do I have to have cover?
- How long do I have to pay for Overseas Student Health Cover?
- How much does Overseas Student Health Cover cost?
- Where should I purchase Overseas Student Health Cover?
- Which health insurers offer Overseas Student Health Cover?